Direct Support Professional (DSP) Job Description
Direct Support Professional (DSP)- *$1000 New Employee Sign-On Bonus
Access Living offers community-based employment that makes a positive difference in people’s lives. We are seeking dedicated and compassionate individuals to join an amazing company that cares about your success. Access has current full-time (40 hours/week) and part-time (under 30 hours/week) openings for Direct Support Professionals. Shift availability includes days, evenings, overnights, and weekends.
Access Living, Inc delivers quality supported living services to adults with developmental disabilities We respectfully assist our clients with their activities of daily living to enable them to live successfully in the community. Our clients live in their own homes and our staff assist them according to their specific needs and abilities and in a manner that promotes dignity, independence and health and safety.
Benefits of being part of the Access Living team:
- *New Hire Bonus for all new full-time employees
- Excellent Medical/Dental Insurance (low deductible)
- 100% employer paid mental health services through our Employee Assistance Program EAP Benefits
- Available Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan after first 90 days (Accrues monthly)
- Paid Training for all required training, CPR certification and annual continuing education.
- Paid License Application Fees/Annual renewal for those seeking the Nursing Assistant Registered (NAR) Certificate
- Opportunities for advancement and growth, skill-set development, and personal and professional development
- Employee referral incentive program
* Access Living is currently offering a Competitive New Employee Sign-On Bonus paid as follows to new employees in good standing:
- $250 after completion of Orientation/Safety Training and 30 hours of On-The Job Training.
- $750 after completion of 90 days of full-time employment in good standing.
- 18 years of age or older with a high school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly speak, read, write, and understand English and capable of working responsibly with confidential information
- Basic computer and internet browser skills required
- Willing and able perform personal care and housekeeping duties
- Able to attend required training (training hours are paid)
- Must have or access to reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to pass and maintain an acceptable background check
- Willing to submit to drug testing for controlled substances (for-cause)
- Employees must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated (SARS CO-V2) by their start date
Principal Responsibilities for this position:
- Exhibit professionalism while maintaining positive attitude as you assist each individual with their specific needs
- Physically assist clients with maintaining their homes and personal property so that they experience a clean, safe, and healthy environment
- Adhere to state and agency administrative and personnel policies while supporting the vision, goals and values of Access Living, Inc.
- Maintain required training and certifications and annual continuing education credits
- Responsible for accurate, routine documentation of client care & procedures
- Some clients require physical support with transferring.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-Time
Pay: $19.00/hr.-$21.00/hr. plus $1.00/hr. shift differential when working nights (8:00pm to 8:00 am) and/or weekends.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Overnight Shift (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations in Whatcom County, Primarily in Bellingham, WA
Access Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.