Direct Support Professional
Access Living, Inc provides supportive living services for adults with developmental disabilities. Our clients live in their own homes and apartments in Bellingham and our staff assist them in daily living activities according to their needs and abilities in a manner that promotes freedom of choice and encouragement. Duties may include supporting the client with cooking, cleaning, medical needs, personal hygiene assistance, shopping, recreational activities, etc.
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to pass a state criminal background check
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to complete 32 hours of classroom based and on the job training
- Ability to maintain 12 continued education credits annually
- Excellent communication skills
- Caring and nurturing demeanor
- Highly dependable and punctual
- Exhibit mature and professional behavior along with the ability to prioritize needs of clients, problem solve, and make independent judgments.
- Adhere to administrative and personnel policies, understands and agrees with the philosophy, values, vision and goals of Access Living, Inc.
- Maintain trainings and certifications within specified timelines.
- Maintains and exhibits knowledge of federal, state, and local policies.
- Learn and apply Residential Service Guidelines.
All Direct Support Professionals receive:
- Paid training
- Paid Time Off after 6 months
- Starting wage of $13.25 per hour
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offered
Full Time Employees are eligible to receive:
- Life Insurance